The digital age has given a boom to many startups and e-commerce businesses. When starting out, most of these new businesses look to cut down their operation costs and have better monetization options. These and other benefits like competitive pricing and convenience are provided by aggregators.
• High commission fees - Some platforms may charge exuberantly in exchange for providing the services as well as on each sale.
• Industry-specific platform - All products and services on an aggregator platform belong to a single industry, for example, taxi providers, online flights, etc.
• Products sold under the aggregator’s brand name - Your brand will not have an identity of its own.
• High competition - You’ll be pitted against your competitors on a complex platform with little or no control.
• Dependency for traffic - You’ll be dependent on the aggregator for traffic and sale of your products or services.
Advertising independently without going through an aggregator will let you choose how you want to present your products. Aggregators have limited access provided to their clients.
If you have your own independent space for advertising, it will give you a free place to experiment with what fits you and what does not. In addition, you can promote your brand via social media platforms such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
You can also use traditional advertising styles like hoardings, television commercials, and newspaper advertisements to reach large audiences.
The emails can consist of advertisements, the latest offers, brand information, etc. Email marketing can provide you with instant results with a very professional approach. It can also help you boost sales and strengthen your relationship with the customers.
Loyalty programs provide the customers with special offers and good trendy deals with extra discounts. Therefore, it helps encourage the customers to spend more to gain better benefits.
When the customer purchases something with an excellent offer and pleasant experience, they get tempted to keep shopping. Great deals can also help in boosting your business, as you can even use them as a promotion strategy.
A good loyalty program will attract the customers to spend more and buy more often. Hence, building a customer loyalty program is an excellent tactic to retain your existing customers and great for attracting newer ones.
Using an aggregator can be helpful if you are new and need some help, but working without an aggregator might prove beneficial in the long run. It gives you the freedom to choose exactly how you want to go about your things.
Working without an aggregator is like having all the strings in your hand. Having control of your business will help you promote your brand in itself rather than taking support of another.
In an aggregate model, you don't have much control over the customer experience and limited access to your own business. By breaking free from the golden cage of aggregators, you decide to take the reins of your business into your own hands.